I’ve taken this Commuter Challenge thing to a whole new level. I like to come up with new ways to get to work by selecting different routes and modes of transportation. Since I have been doing this for over a year now, people are always asking me how I got to work today? So in this blog, I share my experiences in my travels. I hope you find this inspirational and that you too might find alternative routes and break from those usual patterns. Go ahead, try something new today!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why the New Curbs?




Well here is a familiar landmark for many of my viewers. Based on all the comments I received, you like to see Detroit's best. Notice the sun just hitting the church.




















Again, no one on the road. I am heading down Gratiot at 7:00am. Any other city, I would be surrounded buy killers in cages (that is biker slang for peeps in cars)









Can anyone tell me WHY the state of MI is spending soo much money on new curbs. I know it has something to with the red bumpy stoppers on the ramp but really. If you can get your wheelchair up this curb, you are NOT getting in through the uneven sidewalk.










Look out Mr. Wheelchair, that is pothole you have to cross now that you made it up the new curb.










Today was record time for me. I made it from my house to the office in 1 hour flat.

I stayed on Schoenherr rd (not sidewalk) until 10 mile. Then I had to ride the sidewalk until I crossed 8 mile - then all road again :-)

See you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who esle is watching me

About Me

My photo
I am software developer in security assurance, author, and adjunct professor.