The Detroit Riot Run. referred to in Detroit and Michigan as the Twelfth Street riot, was a civil disturbance in Detroit, Michigan that began in the early morning hours of Sunday, July 23, 1967. The precipitating event was a police raid of a blind pig on the corner of 12th Street and Clairmount on the city's near westside
I ran this route to check out what the area looks like after all these years later. And, as you will see, it looks like the riots just stopped. When does the clean up crew arrive?
The Route

Rosa Parks and Grand River - anyone know whose house this is? What a gem, look at this mansion on such a busy intersection.

The corner where the Army set up camp.
And now, for the empty homes:


I do not know what this used to be but I bet a lot of peeps are living in there now.

Beyond repair, yes?


An old school house

okay, I admit I was afraid to run under here but I had to.

A land mark!


rebuilding of some old nice homes
No comments:
Post a Comment