I’ve taken this Commuter Challenge thing to a whole new level. I like to come up with new ways to get to work by selecting different routes and modes of transportation. Since I have been doing this for over a year now, people are always asking me how I got to work today? So in this blog, I share my experiences in my travels. I hope you find this inspirational and that you too might find alternative routes and break from those usual patterns. Go ahead, try something new today!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Motown Run

Did you think I would forget to pay homage to the king of Pop?

From my office to Motown is about 8 miles. A nice run and what turned out to be a great day weather wise.





The Motown history

When GM ruled the world, they did it from this building in 1950s.

The three buildings on top use to be WHC for GM. This is where the then CEO, Jack Smith, ordered the demise of Flint.

The Fisher Theatre



I noticed a lot more community green gardens growing around the city. I guess socialism really is a grassroots movement.


Below are some really cool homes on Second Street. For the viewers who went to Wayne State, you may recognize some of these homes
.




Masonic Temple
up close Masonic Temple
See you on the road


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who esle is watching me

About Me

My photo
I am software developer in security assurance, author, and adjunct professor.