I’ve taken this Commuter Challenge thing to a whole new level. I like to come up with new ways to get to work by selecting different routes and modes of transportation. Since I have been doing this for over a year now, people are always asking me how I got to work today? So in this blog, I share my experiences in my travels. I hope you find this inspirational and that you too might find alternative routes and break from those usual patterns. Go ahead, try something new today!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

George Town Run

Awesome Run down the old canals of Georgetown.

Crossing over from Virginia on the Key Bridge

The Key BridgeLooking down from the Key Bridge is the canal trail







The main road in DC in the 1800's. Can you believe getting around town on a Canal?



Local Merchants that once was prime real estate


Homes in George Town



Pass the Watergate Hotel

Crossing over the Roosevelt Bridge











Trial coming home in the dark. I ran too many miles tonight and had to get home on some dark path.



Came across the bridge to Theodore Roosevelt Park. The sun was going down but I wanted to do this loop. Only 1.5 miles around so I thought I could to it in 10 minutes.




15 minutes later I am still on island park. Look how dark it was running through the woods!


Look closer, it's a deer that would not move for me. I stopped for 5 minutes while this deer stared at me. It was creepy.




A well lit building at night. I thought it was very cool to see this, especially coming out of the woods.


The Route:

1 comment:

  1. Good thing a boogie man didn't get you on the dark path. You were lucky.
    Kathy Robinson

    ReplyDelete

Who esle is watching me

About Me

My photo
I am software developer in security assurance, author, and adjunct professor.