I’ve taken this Commuter Challenge thing to a whole new level. I like to come up with new ways to get to work by selecting different routes and modes of transportation. Since I have been doing this for over a year now, people are always asking me how I got to work today? So in this blog, I share my experiences in my travels. I hope you find this inspirational and that you too might find alternative routes and break from those usual patterns. Go ahead, try something new today!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Fort Wayne Run

Fort Wayne Run
I have not posted here in a while due to some personal issues (pulled groin). But it looks like all is well now.

Here is a nice 9 mile run in the city's dirty and gritty southwest side.

Learn about Fort Wayne of Detroit by pressing here







This is West Jefferson. Yes Jefferson turns into an old cobble stone street near and after the bridge. In fact, some sections still have the trolley tracks embedded in the streets.



Down Fort Street is an old restaurant that we run past. We often wonder what it would be like to get a meal there. Any takers?



Remember getting on the Boblo boat? Somehow this area was prettier back in the 70s.




ahh, 4.5 miles and I finally arrived




how cool is this Fort.



War seemed so simple back then.





You are looking through a rifle slot in the Fort.


Bad pic of me but great shot of the old Fort.


Now for the the route:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who esle is watching me

About Me

My photo
I am software developer in security assurance, author, and adjunct professor.