I’ve taken this Commuter Challenge thing to a whole new level. I like to come up with new ways to get to work by selecting different routes and modes of transportation. Since I have been doing this for over a year now, people are always asking me how I got to work today? So in this blog, I share my experiences in my travels. I hope you find this inspirational and that you too might find alternative routes and break from those usual patterns. Go ahead, try something new today!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Ride, New Route, New Year!

A lot of people have been txting, emailing, and/or asking "How did I get to work today?"

I didn't think I had that many followers or people who cared. So without further ado, I give the Commute of 2011:

This year, I upgraded my route to longer and more scenic roads. Instead of capturing all the decay and ugliness of the 'D', I will try to capture more prettier and tranquil sites.

I also upgraded my bike. I bought a Trek 1.3 Road Bike with Shimano 105's throughout. That is biker's jargon for "I spent a lot".


The new route:






or click here
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4513389



The morning is cool, crisp, and clean.








This is why I do it. All of a sudden, it all makes sense and I forget how much this bike costs.



The road and the surrounding neighborhoods look a lot better then Gratiot/6 mile. Yes?






Above is my fav GP home. I will try to get more info and better pics this year of this house.



GP stops and the 'D' starts



House for sale in Indian Village.... I will split it with someone - I get the summer weekends.



Same House for sale in Indian Village


Same House for sale in Indian Village


Ride On!
See you in the streets,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who esle is watching me

About Me

My photo
I am software developer in security assurance, author, and adjunct professor.